Monday, October 17, 2011

Becoming a Diamond



My name is Rebekah and I am a Christian woman, struggling to become the diamond God wants me to be.  I am a wife to a wonderful, hardworking military man, and a mother to my beautiful daughter, who will be 9 months old in 2 days!

When my daughter, Sweetpea, was born in January, with the euphoria of her birth also came the realization that this would be one of the most difficult years of my life.  Little did I know at that time what awaited my family this year! Two weeks after she was born, Hubby informed me that for the first time in seven years the Army would be relocating us.  And for our first PCS they chose the furthest base within the United States they could, from the coast of North Carolina across the world to Anchorage, Alaska! With this news also came the news that within months of our arrival in Alaska, Hubby's new unit would be deployed (his 3rd deployment) to Afghanistan.

After a month of traveling, we arrived in Anchorage almost 2 months ago.  It has been a whirlwind since then of trying to arrange somewhere to live, storage for our remaining belongings, and re-establish some form of normalcy, all to begin preparation for Hubby's upcoming deployment.  This time in my life has made me realize that a lot of the beliefs I hold and ways I deal with life are not exactly in line with the person I want to be. 

This blog will be a way for me to document the day to day life of my family and I, what we go through as a military family, and will inspire discussion about how the pressures of life can help transform us into diamonds.






Rebekah

0 comments:

Post a Comment