Saturday, November 19, 2011

Simple Things 11.20.2011



Sorry about the little blogging hiatus this week.  I don't really have a reason, I had lots of blog ideas throughout the week, just never really got the chance to sit down and write them.  Or to upload pictures to the computer. These pictures are from some silly time on the floor with my girl! She makes me laugh every day, she is already so silly.  I love it, it seems like its been a long time since I really laughed at the silly things in life! I realized when I was looking at these pictures that almost all my photos from this fall/early winter will have the exact same background.  Thats because we have one window in our house that gets sunlight through it for an hour and a half each day.  We are down to about 6 hours of sunlight here in Anchorage, so Sweetpea and I play near the window whenever the sun is out! This is also why we are looking so very pale lately!

What is everyone's Thanksgiving plans?  Thanksgiving is probably my very favorite holiday, and I'm going to write about it a little later this week.  This year I don't have many plans yet.  I will be going to the grocery store tomorrow to pick up things we'll need to make a few of our favorite Thanksgiving dishes, but I won't be going all out.  Probably just sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, rolls, and I was thinking maybe some cornish hens or something fun so I don't have to roast a whole turkey for the three of us. What are your favorite foods for Thanksgiving?  Hubby's platoon will be doing a be Thanksgiving meal on Saturday, so we will have a bigger celebration then.  This year I am thankful for so many things - Hubby being home, Sweetpea being perfect and healthy, lots of family and friends that love us (even if  we can't be near them), sufficient finances for all our needs and many of our wants, and so many other things! 

Today I'm celebrating the simple things by linking up here:


0 comments:

Post a Comment