Tuesday, November 8, 2011

On A Lighter Note...

I realize the last post was kind of heavy, so I thought I would post something today that always puts a smile on my face! This little girl got her first haircut today! I was going to wait for our move back to Colorado in a few weeks, so my sister could do the honors, but it was driving me crazy, so I just went ahead and did it myself. 

 Her bangs were getting much too long and her hair was all funky in the back.  She has new growth coming in all over the place, so there were all kinds of different layers in the back! (Can you see that little tooth on the bottom in this picture? Love it!) 

 
So we did a little sideswipe bang action, and then I cut pretty straight across the back to even out all her crazy layers, and gave her a cute little bob.  Thank goodness for directions over the phone from my sister who is a licensed cosmetologist!

 
I'm sure it isn't as good as auntie could do it, but I still think its adorable!

Here she is being nosy and looking in the cupboards! I just love watching her explore! When did you give your kids their first haircut? They sure do make it difficult don't they, moving around all the time.  If it isn't straight across, its not my fault - I'm just glad I didn't cut myself!

<3 Rebekah

4 comments:

  1. You did a good job Bekah! She's still adorable (as if anything could have changed that). We took Devin to Cookie Cutters for his first cut because I would have messed it up... He didn't squirm though because they put him in a toy car and played Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I have a video of it, but I can't find anywhere to upload it...it's like a 10 min video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah;o) I think its probably easier to cut a little girl's hair since it doesn't have to be as short! I bet devin had fun in his little car at the barber;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's adorable!!!!! i think you did a very good job ;o) by the time you leave colorado you're going to be taking some of my business

    ReplyDelete
  4. its already in her eyes again! basically this little squirt's hair must be getting some miracle grow somewhere! so, i'm gonna have to get good at cutting;o)

    ReplyDelete